Passport Problems

Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that your travel documents are up to date. Applying for a passport usually takes six weeks. Answers to the most common questions dealing with passports are below:

How can I renew my existing passport?

If you already have a passport that is not damaged, was issued in the past 15 years, was received after your 16th birthday, and has your same name, you can apply for a passport renewal by mail. See additional information here.

I am planning to travel in less than six weeks. Can my application be expedited?

Yes. For an additional fee, you can request expedite processing which normally takes two weeks. See additional information here.

If you would like Rep Waxman’s help with a passport issue, please fax or mail the completed privacy authorization form to the Los Angeles office at:

8436 West Third Street, Ste 600
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Fax (323) 655-0502